|Posted on: 12/01/2015
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 06 months with possible extension pending on funding and mission’s needs
Location: Juba with frequent travels to the field
You can find all the information about the Solidarités International (SI) South Sudan’s mission here: http://www.solidarites.org/en/our-missions/south-sudan
Solidarités International (SI) currently implements 3 kinds of programs:
– Emergency Preparedness & Response
The MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation accountability and learning of the SI program under the supervision of the Deputy HoM. Under the supervision of the Deputy HoM, he/she sets up the tools, methodologies and M&E workplan to structure the MEAL department. He/She recruits a dedicated team and trains them to implement MEAL strategy (2 persons).
· To set up an MEAL department for SI program
· To set up the tools for the assessment, MEAL and reporting
· To participate in the monitoring of SI interventions and lead data entry, compilation and reporting
· To supervise a reporting and communication officer for the report and proposal writing
– Management of the MEAL cell
· Masters’ degree or equivalent in law, political science, international organization management or project management or a relevant field
· 2 years of professional experience in the humanitarian environment as a program manager
· Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts and insecure environments, with consequent experience in supporting emergency response
· Significant knowledge and experience of project management and reporting
· Management abilities, and particularly team management
· Diplomacy and ability to work in a team
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task and support and/or fill multiple positions at one time
· Strong initiatives and improvisation capacities
· Commitment to the job and the organization, flexibility and autonomy
· Knowledge of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s field of expertise and specific tools would be a strong asset
· Fluent English (written, spoken and read), essential for writing reports and for external coordination.
· Knowledge of French and/or Arabic are an asset
· Computer literacy with very good command of MS Office Suite.
Salaried post: According to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD.
– Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
– Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: one week at three and nine months (with a 500 euro allowance) and two weeks at six months (with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités).
CONTACT : Corinne LORIN, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer
|Fonctions||Autre, Coordination, Gestion de projet, Technicien spécialiste|
|Activités||Agriculture, Environnement, Génie civil, Hydraulique|
|Localisation(s) géographique(s)||Afrique, Soudan du Sud|
|Date de fin de validité||28/02/2015|