|Title: Field Coordinator
Location (Country & Base): Pakistan – Dadu
Contract duration: One Year
Starting date in-country: Dec 1, 2014
The Field Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination, management, development, donor compliance and representation of ACF programming in the district. He/she will support and train the Program managers (PMs) and support staff (including Head of Base (HoB)) in daily management, ensure that field teams are prepared to respond to emergencies and concurrently ensure the safety and security of ACF staff and assets in their area of responsibility. The Field Coordinator will assist in the Technical & Support Coordinators’(SMT) follow-up of technical departments’ field work. This is a challenging managerial position which directly line manages all key staff (HoB and PM’s) at District level for a large-scale and long-term program. This position in acts as the focal point for Coordination as the senior representative of ACF in the District as well as the province in collaboration with the Field Coordinator for ACF Sindh.
Objective 1: Effectively manage, comply and develop the ACF Programming and Strategy in the District whilst keeping links with other ACF programs in the Province
- Ensure that the program implementation complies to the donor regulations
- Ensure proper project oversight and management through follow up and implementation of project activities in line with the different work plans through line management of the PMs (and with the support of the SMT)
- Promote relevant, needs-based, integrated programming as per DCD directions/guidance in ACF integration approaches.
- Ensure good level of coordination and integration of new program assessments and project evaluations in the province
- Actively participate in the Country Strategy Review and ensure the implementation of it.
- Examine possibilities and gather information for program expansion at both geographical and sectoral dimensions
- Actively participate in donor compliance; reporting and program & proposal development in collaboration with Technical Coordinators. Note. It is the role of the Field Coordinator to ensure that all donor documents are up to a submission level when submitted to the CD.
- Ensure good coordination between Technical and Support departments in collaboration with HoB.
- Ensure weekly inputs from the PM’s and HoB and issue a fortnight sitrep to the capital
- Support Country Director and Deputy Country Director (DCD) in their context analysis.
- Identification and evaluation of potential partners and partnerships at field level.
- Facilitate and ensure technical program teams responsible for generic cross-secoral activities e.g. mobilization/ sensitization/ training coherence across technical sectors with regards to approach, targeting etc.
- Ensure an active coordination is transpiring with the PMs and the PQA.
Objective 2: Ensure the Safety & Security of ACF personnel and assets
- Analysis, identification, quantification and, through line management, mitigation of assessed risks.
- Maintenance of updated national security plans (procedural, SOP, MOSS, health, evacuation) with support of province security officer
Development and maintenance of security network (formal/informal) at provincial level.
Ensure Training and compliance of ACF staff towards security regulations.
Responsible for District- level decisions regarding the Security and Safety of all ACF premises and staff in the District and the management of incidents.
Brief all staff on security and context upon arrival and for changes as needed.
Objective 3: Overall responsibility for HR Administration, Finance and Logistics in the District
- Supports and follows up HR, Finance, and Logistics aspects at base level, including planning, authorization of expenses and reporting through line management of the HoB in coordination with the Support Coordinators.
- Ensures that ACF policies, procedures and donor regulations applicable to field activities are executed in close collaboration with HoB & PM.
- Together with the PM and HoB defines HR needs and ensures field recruitment is carried out according to regulations and national labor laws.
- Support and hold the weekly district coordination meetings and promote departmental coordination.
- Chair monthly CCP (budget follow up) meetings to revise and follow-up programs and operations expenditures. (Programs Vs Actuals).
- Provide strong support and oversight to logistics and procurement activities at base level; both directly and through the HoB
- Ensure Kitlog V3.3 procedures are strictly adhered to including the close follow-up of PPPs by PMs and HoBs
Objective 4: Ensure District and Provincial representation of ACF and adherence to Mandate/Charter/Principles.
- Act as the senior representative of ACF in the District and for the EU WINS program and liaise/exchange information with CD, DCD and other FieldCo(s) to ensure common ACF positioning in humanitarian and development issues.
- Promotion and defense of humanitarian and ACF principles towards all stakeholders.
- Lead field-level advocacy undertakings with the support of the CD and DCD.
- Maintenance/expansion of regular relations with field-based donors, authorities and partners.
- Work closely with the SMT to ensure compliance with national laws, regulations and best practices.
- Participation in communication activities with Country Office and HQ.
- Meet regularly with all relevant stakeholders (Provincial/District authorities, local and international
- humanitarian and development actors, beneficiaries, etc.)
- Development of an information (formal/informal) network.
- Support and guide the PMs in the development of potential partnerships/alliances
Objective 5: Give appropriate line management and support to the PM’s and HoB
- Lead and motivate the management team in the District, support in daily planning and setting of objectives
- Carry out appraisals at appropriate intervals for all line managed staff.
- Ensure respect of ACF Code of Conduct by all ACF staff.
- Brief and debrief incoming and outgoing international and senior national staff.
- Responsible for stress management and conflict mitigation within the teams.
- Ensure the carrying out of timely, proper national staff performance appraisals in District.
Internal & External relationships
CD, Coordinators, , PM’s , HoB’s, All provincial staff
- Non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
- Government Authorities; representation
- Weekly Situation Report (WSR) – Weekly to CD or DCD (if CD is absent)
- Monthly Situation Report – to CD
- Monthly APRs to SMT
- Facilitation of monthly BFUs and PFUs
- Donor reports – As required by Donors to CD, Tech Referents
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven security and safety management.
- Significant experience with INGOs and interest in humanitarian action in similar post . Previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies an asset.
- Proven management skills (HR, projects, conflict management)
- Proven logistics experience
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, DFID, OFDA, etc.)
- Ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team.
- Experience and flexibility in working with complex/big Organizational Charts.
- Fluent in English
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- Excellent drafting and written skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Creative, innovative.